We are Nigeria’s notable leading retailer of luxury fragrances, cosmetics and skincare products. Established in 1986, we are a household name amongst the brand conscious West African consumer. We are a professional and ambitious organization that has a retail network across Nigeria with continuous expansion plans. We have deep understanding of the beauty industry and strong partnership ethos reinforces our position in the market creating an aggressive platform for growth and future development opportunities.
We require the service of a professional accountant qualified to work with a spectrum of accountancy related activities. This will include implement accounting systems, prepare monthly financial reports, vendor management relation
Accounting Specialists use receipts and other documents to verify and process transactions, record and analyze financial information, communicate with vendors, clients, and suppliers, and assist with daily, monthly, and yearly accounting activities and projects. As a chartered accountant you'll give advice, audit accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records. This might involve financial reporting, auditing, forensic accounting, corporate finance, book keeping and recording, or accounting systems and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement accounting systems and processes.
- Reconcile income statements.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Review and release online banking payments.
- Vendor management
- Ensure compliance with state revenue service.
- Provide ongoing accounting and reporting support.
- Manage the full financial process in the vendor relations aspect.
- Prepare an expense budget report.
Undertake financial audits (an independent check of an organization’s financial position)
- provide financial advice
- liaise with clients (individuals or businesses) and provide financial information and advice
- Using documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory.
- Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Speaking with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
- Communicating with clients to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
- Participating in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures.
- review the company's systems and analyze risk
- accounting records and prepare accounts and management information for small the Organization
- Advise the Organization on business transactions as applicable to the business
- Counsel the business on areas of business improvement, or dealing with insolvency
- Detect and prevent fraud (forensic accounting)
- Liaise with internal and external auditors (where applicable) and deal with any financial irregularities as they arise
- Produce reports and recommendations following internal audits or public sector audits
- Prepare financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
- Arrange financial management reports, including financial planning and forecasting
- Negotiate terms with suppliers and vendors.