Primary care nurse practitioners are generalists who work in family health clinics or hospitals. They provide general and preventative care, conduct check-ups, treat illnesses, order lab tests and prescribe medication for children and adults.
We are recruiting for a Registered Nurse.
Location: Aiyepe, Ogun State
The ideal candidate will be primarily required to:
- Provides complete patient assessment, including vital signs and pre-examination procedures. Gathers and assesses objective and subjective data from the patient.
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements
- Providing pre and post operation care
- Monitoring and administrating medication and intravenous infusions
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Writing records
- Providing emotional support to patients and relatives
- Documents data and assessments in the patient record. May use a computer system and information technology to ensure standard documentation, coding, and completion.
- Assists the providers in all aspects of the consultation, treatment, procedures, and follow-up care.
- Executing medical regimens and nursing interventions as appropriate for the setting and their competency.
- Patient health counseling and instruction, including meeting with families and caregivers.
- Medication reconciliation, management, patient compliance, inventory, education.
- Operating medical equipment.
- Maintaining medical supplies, inventory, and disposal.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with OSHA guidelines, CLIA regulations, HIPAA medical privacy guidelines.
- The position may include triage of calls for urgent appointments, referrals for patient consults and testing, insurance pre-certification, and documentation.
- May use general office skills including keyboarding, office computer software, filing, answering telephones, email, faxing, copying.
- Excellent customer service skills are needed for interacting with patients, families, and caregivers.